Beautiful Booty Moves!
Making sure your backside is toned and firm is a priority for many and I want to make sure that you have an arsenal of moves that will help target and build muscle that will shape your bottom. Here are a few wonderful moves you can do in your home with limited equipment. Bonus points for performing in a park or right there in the middle of the gym!
Bridge Pulses with Stability Ball:
1. Grab dumbbells anywhere between 8-20 lbs and roll out into the bridge so that your head, neck and shoulders are still supported by the stability ball.
2. Drop your hips down, then push your hips up squeezing your bottom as tight as possible.
3. Repeat for 30 repetitions.
1. Start by going on all fours and bring your right knee up and out parallel to the ground. (Like a dog peeing on a hydrant!)
2. Point your toe and kick straight out, again keeping the leg parallel to the ground, squeezing your quad and bottom tight for full effect.
3. Continue kicking in and out without dropping your knee for 15-20 repetitions per leg.
Ankle Band Reverse Pulses:
1. Place your resistance band around your ankles and find a sturdy tree/pole/person/handle to grab for balance.
2. Soften your right knee and extend your left leg squeezing your bottom doing little pulses.
3.Do not let your leg come too far in so that tension stays on the band. Continue pulsing for 20-25 repetitions.
Repeat all of these exercises for 3-4 rounds for that nice booty burn!
- Written by Erin Oprea
- Published: 14 January 2015