10 Must Haves For a Healthy Holiday Gift List
This list of 10 must have fitness gifts for your healthy friends is perfect to help spread the healthy holiday cheer. Also, when I say friends, I mean you! Keep in mind, I’m not just spouting brands, I use these items every day to stay healthy and active and this time of the year is the perfect opportunity to slip them into someone’s list of gifts to get you! Or, if you want to, for that special someone on your list. Pictured here are all mine, so I hope you don’t mind that they are extremely used :).
1. Fuel Band: This activity tracker from Nike has good durability and a pretty fun display. It is also harder to acquire the numbers so it makes it more of a challenge!
2. Veggetti: This gadget turns vegetables into strings of delicious spaghetti. Pasta is very low on my list of foods that I eat but high on my list of delicious foods. This great tool creates the best of both health and taste!
3. Bosu Ball: A staple in my workouts with myself and my clients, it can double the number of moves you can perform plus get your core involved in almost anything you can come up with.
4. Tabata Timer: Easily found as an app for smart phones, it creates great workouts in short timespans. When I have to smoosh my workout into my busy day, this timer is what I use to make it count!
5. Jump Rope: Completely portable and the one thing I take absolutely everywhere to get me moving! (Seriously, everywhere)
6. Sport Watch: This watch does not need to be complicated, it just needs a clock and a stopwatch. From interval training to making sure I hit my mile times, I use it every day.
7. Good Running Shoes: Find your style and most importantly, your comfort. Having a good pair of shoes saves so much pain in your feet and legs. Do not skimp!
8. Ninja Food Processor: Chopped kale and homemade hummus. ‘Nuf said
9. Ipod shuffle: When I’m working out, music is key. I need something quick and easy, not something with a touch screen. There’s wonderful things to be said for good ‘ol fashioned tactile controls.
10. Smart Wool Socks: This is a non-guilty pleasure, I don’t wear any other type of sock. Along with good shoes, these never create blisters, wick sweat away, are super comfy and keep my feet warm and dry.
Make sure to put all these on your gift list and just in case, keep a checklist so you know what to grab when January comes around. Happy Healthy-ing!!!
- Written by Erin Oprea
- Published: 16 December 2014